A few memorable quotes from the 2000+
Hand-Written Letters Peter has received.
- "your impressive display of sticks in
Cleveland. That’s a lot of sticks!"
Bill Bruford.Yes, King Crimson,
- "I am pleased to be enclosing a pair of
signed sticks to add to your impressive
Simon Phillips. Jeff Beck, Stanley Clarke,
Pete Townshend, Brian Eno.1/4/91
- "This is very cool.(cont.).So I’m
flattered to be included on this list with some
of my playing hero’s Max Roach, Billy
Higgins, Art Taylor, & Elvin Jones, Yaaa
Chicken Hirsh.Country Joe & the
- "What a great collection, and how did you
get to all those drummersour enthusiasm is
obviously catching. I am very happy to make a
contribution and enclosed are two drumsticks,
not quite a pair, from around 1966 when I was
in full swing with the original Manfred Mann
Mike Hugg.Manfred Mann.9/18/96
- "Congratulations on the collection at the
Hall of Fame and thanks for including me and
Morphine in the piece- It’s a great idea
that you had- and a great follow thru-"
- "Thanks for the opportunity to be in your
Chris Frantz.The Talking
- "Thanks for thinking of me and including me
in your wonderful collection. I’m truly
- "Here’s some more fire wood for
ya!..I’m very flattered to be included in
your rather unusual collection."
Dallas Taylor.Crosby, Stills, Nash &
- "You have a great collection and we wish
you the best with being able to make it
better.. (cont.)..Take care and God bless
- "Thanks for the Honor."
Earl Palmer.Little Richard, Fats Domino,
Lloyd Price, The Righteous
- "Here’s a couple of pairs of sticks,
what an honor!!"
Dick Dodd.The Standells.2/12/96
- "Through it all there’s just one
thing that Victor says has truly taken his
breath away: My brushes are on permanent
display in the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame,
which I’m just aghast over, he says with
a laugh. I’m right next to Ringo, Keith
Moon, and Hal Blaine!"
(From Modern Drummer Magazine, December,
1996, pp. 13) Victor De Lorenzo.The Violent
- "Thanks for including me in the Drum stick
collection. It’s my
pleasure..(cont.)..Your friend Jimmy Carl Black
‘+’ c/s ‘The Indian of the
Jimmy Carl Black.Frank Zappa - The Mothers
- "Great Project, Peter!"
- "The sticks (enclosed) are the ones I have
used for many years with Lucky Millinders
Orch., Duke Ellington, Cab Calloway and in the
recording studios. The brushes were used on (to
record) Dinah Washington’s “What a
Diff’rence a day makes and Brook
Benton’s “Fools Rush In and many
David Panama Francis.Cab Calloway, Dinah
Washington, and others.5/6/94
- "Your collection is quite impressive to say
the least. I would be honored to be a part of
Ken Callahan.The Jayhawks.3/5/93
- "To a devoted Collector of Priceless wood!
May your forest continue to grow."
Charlie Allen Martin.Bob Seger & The
Silver Bullet Band.5/31/95
- "History in the making!!"
Jason Finn.The Presidents Of The United
States Of America.3/12/97
- "Thanks so much for including me in your
collection, I’m overwhelmed and honored ,
So many of my friends and hero’s are in
Johnny Bee Badanjek.Mitch Ryder and the
- "your magnificent collection of sticks-Wood
Pile- I am very impressed and pleased to be
included alongside so many great drummers."
Michael Giles.King Crimson.11/16/95
- "What a cool collection! Glad to help."
Bill Gibson.Huey Lewis and the
- "Thank you very much for your proposition,
and for having thought about me. I will be very
proud to be part of this ambitious project and
I hope that people will understand your purpose
and as well, recognize the amount of work it
represents.… “Thank you again so
much to give me the opportunity of having a
part of myself staying somewhere on this
planet, close to other amazing players,
it’s such a great honor."
Manu Katche.Peter Gabriel, Joni Mitchell,
Tears For Fears, Sting.3/15/96
- "Thank You again for all your hard work and
boost to my ego. With appreciation and
sincerest best wishes and admiration."
Joe Siracusa.Spike Jones.5/28/96
- "Wow Nice collection!"
John Hartman.The Doobie
- "Thank you for including my drumsticks in
your esteemed collection. I’m very proud
of my accomplishments throughout my life,
however this exhibit in The Rock and roll Hall
of fame is a very special honor."
- "Really a great idea I admire your
persistence and devotion in amassing this pile
David Getz. Janis Joplin- Big Brother and
the Holding Company.10/1/90
- "Thank you so much for the invitation to be
a part of your collection. I would consider it
- "Hang in there and don’t get
discouraged.. You’re doing a wonderful
thing, very unique I’m really honored as
well you should be too!!!..Your collection is
Hal Blaine.The Wrecking
- "Great Stuff !! Your Friend."
Andy Newmark. Roxy Music, Eric Clapton,
© Peter Lavinger 2004